Friday, July 31, 2015

Driftwood/beach Theme Accent Table

My hubby came home the other with this great find. A Drexel accent table in which he paid $2!!!


I wanted to try this new technique from Annie Sloan's book "Color recipes for painted furniture," it's called a wet wax. 



I first painted the table in French Linen, two coats. I then mixed Paris Grey with Pure White and watered it down to a thin consistency. 


Before painting this mixture, I applied AS clear wax and worked in sections. I divided the top in half. After I applied the wax, I did a gentle wipe off keeping it tacky. I then immediately painted with my mixture and wiped off with shop towels until I got the look I desired. 


Just make sure your paint is watery, as it won't work as well.  I continued to work in sections. Wax, wipe, paint, wipe, etc 






It's such a great technique!  I can't wait to try more pieces. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment. 

Thank you and happy painting!!






No comments:

Post a Comment